Django is a Python web framework built on a mature, fast, and efficient web application server. It allows the creation of highly scalable, robust, and secure web applications using Python and a clear, expressive syntax. With Django, you will be able to concentrate on your application code, not on the framework. This post will briefly cover what it is, why you should use it and which famous brands use it in their products.
Django Framework: What Is It?
Django is a web development framework that provides several tools for database management and web application development. It is one of the most popular frameworks globally, with many famous websites being built with it. It allows developers to build database-driven web applications fast and painlessly. In addition, it also integrates well with many third-party libraries and frameworks such as Python. Essentially, it is a web framework that helps developers develop websites and web applications. It is used by numerous web startups, big companies, freelance programmers, developers, and hobbyists worldwide.
How Do You Use It?
Django is used in different ways, whether for web design, app development, or simply building websites. The framework has valuable tools to help you build websites with its admin panel, template system, and many more features. It is incredibly straightforward to learn, especially if you already know Python. Nonetheless, many companies use a dedicated django development company to build out their sites. This can provide them with greater scalability and an easier upgrade path as and when needed. These development companies can offer greater flexibility and creativity when designing a practical application for your customers.
Why Should You Use It?
Django is a platform for creating web applications. Companies, organizations, and individuals use it to develop dynamic, user-friendly websites. It provides robust tools to help developers produce high-quality software without compromising on performance or ease of use. The Django framework has been around for a while now. It was first released in 2005. It has changed the way people did their web development work because it had a very friendly syntax and included everything needed to run a website, from database models to templating engines. Some of the main reasons why it is preferred over many other frameworks for larger projects include:
It Is Built Using Python
As the Django framework is written in Python, it inherits some of the most exciting features of this language. These include:
- It is widely adopted.
- Python has easy-to-learn syntax.
- Perfect for machine learning applications.
- It is easier to use than PHP (and has more applications).
It Has A Fantastic Community
The Django project has a large community of users and backers, typical of open-source projects. Its plethora of resources includes documentation and tutorials that can be found in a vast array of places. This is useful because you are never alone, and if you face intractable problems, there are often places to find help with people more than willing to share their thoughts.
It Is Useful For Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
There is a reason why many large companies prefer to use Django over other options, and one of them is that it is beneficial for SEO purposes. SEO allows websites to rank highly in the search engine results and is essential if you want to receive lots of organic traffic. Due to the inherent human-readable quality of Python and the fact that search engine bots have an easier time reading this type of syntax, the websites built using it tend to rank highly.
Useful And Varied Libraries
Its amazing community constantly contributes to its numerous useful libraries. This is somewhat of a consequence of being Python-based but valuable nonetheless. The most popular of which being the Django REST framework.
Like Python, Django runs on almost all platforms, including Mac, PC, and Linux. Thus, no production or development environment is left behind. Additionally, it includes an ORM (object-relational mapper) which in practical terms means that if you want to move your projects between different databases, you only need to change a line of code, enabling a smooth transition.
Who Uses It?
There are many use cases for Django, but primarily it is used to build highly functional websites and web apps that are fast and efficient. In fact, some of the most popular websites and applications in the world use the Django framework. Some examples include:
- Instagram: Django is used in Instagram to handle the enormous amount of data it needs to function. In addition to taking care of all of that, the Instagram team can also utilize Django’s ready-to-implement tools, meaning they can concentrate on other aspects like customer engagement, etc.
- Spotify: Django along with Python was chosen to build Spotify due to its fast back end and options to implement machine learning (utilizing past data for song recommendation).
- YouTube: Although YouTube began with PHP, it was found that PHP couldn’t scale up with the runaway success it found. Therefore, Django was used as the replacement to allow it to grow with its user base.
- Numerous high-traffic news sites: Many well-known news outlets like The Guardian and The Washington Post use Django for its stability and ability to handle the vast amounts of data being added every day.
- DropBox: Initially, DropBox used Python as its backend, but it quickly switched over to Django in order to add additional features. Due to the relationship between Django and Python, the switch was painless.
- Mozilla: As one of the most famous web companies worldwide, Mozilla deals with large amounts of users and API calls for the services it offers. The combination of Django and Python allows it to handle this with ease.
- Pinterest: Django was made in many ways for a service like Pinterest. It handles enormous amounts of data, has a large user base, and needs to be flexible enough to add features without breaking things.
The Django framework is easy to use, powerful, and flexible. Along with its helpful community, Python-based syntax, and range of uses, it is considered one of the best frameworks available today.
Leave a Reply