Users who have multiple computers at their home or in their offices may want to share printer with the other computers. This will help to save money as well as space. To share printer in network between PC’s here are some ways which will help you.
Share Printer with the Host name or Computer IP
Share printer in Windows XP
To share a printer with computer name follow these simple steps.
- Install a printer on the Computer or take an existing installed printer for sharing
- Click on start menu and Go to Printers & faxes.
- Right click on installed printer & select sharing.
- In sharing tab select Share this Printer.
- Click Apply then OK.
- Now go to other PC.
- Again Go to start menu & then Go to Printer & faxes.
- Click on add a printer.
- Click Next on add a printer Wizard.
- Select a Network printer in add computer Wizard as shown in below figure.
- Then select Next.
- Now select find a printer in Directory.
- Click Next
- Your shared Printer will listed in menu
- Select Printer & click Finish.
- You can also attach the printer By entering the path of printer.
- Select “connect to this Printer” & enter the path.
- E.g. \\your pc name\your printer name.
- Click Next and Finish.
- This method is very easy & stable.
- Set computer IP manually if you don’t your PC IP.
- Follow my Previous Post How to configure IP Manually.
- Now share the printer as i shown in above steps.
- Now go to client PC.
- Go to run by pressing Window + R key
- Enter the IP address of your Shared Printer PC. e.g. \\192.168.1.2
- You will see a New window opening with shared printer.
- Right Click on the printer & click on Collect.
- Your printer will be installed.
- Go to all PC’s and Connect like this.
Share Printer in Windows 7
- In Windows 7 First Open Control Panel, then Open Network & Sharing Center.
- Then select Change Advance Sharing Setting.
- Then select turn on File & Printer Sharing & Turn off password Protect Sharing.
- Save Changes.
- Now Go to start Menu & select Devices & printers.
- Select the Printer that you want to share & Right Click on it.
- Select Printer Properties.
- Select Sharing tab.
- Check on Share this Printer.
- Apply and OK.
- Now go to other PC’s and do the remaining part same as in Windows Xp.
If you have any problem comment below.