Recently I wrote an article : How to make pdf speak? Today again I am going to share a cool trick,which may be known to some of the readers and may be useful for those who are not aware of it yet. In this tutorial I am going to show you how to save any webpage as pdf. Let’s start:
Why do we need to save a webpage as pdf?
The first question arises in our mind after reading the title is why do we need to save a webpage as pdf. Here are the reasons:
- Whenever you read a tutorial or a guide, and you like it,you wish to save it. For example: A user is reading about solar energy on wikipedia and he/she wants to save this page as future reference to study,when he/she is offline.
- Simply saved pages are sometimes not well arranged.
- A pdf file keeps the content well arranged.
- Sometimes, a protected copy of webpage may be required, and pdf file protects the content inside it by editing/modifying easily.
How do we save a webpage?
Here are the general methods used for saving a webpage:
- Generally,when we save a webpage; we use right click of mouse and save the page using the option save as. (Google Chrome Users)
- We can save a page by using Menu Bar>>File>>Save Page As. (Mozilla Firefox Users)
- By using a keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S.
How to save a webpage as pdf?
To save the webpage as pdf, any of the following methods may be used:
- Right click on the webpage and go to print option. (Google Chrome Users)
- Go to Menu Bar>>File>>Print. (Mozilla Firefox Users)
- Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+P.
- After that,you will see a page named print as shown in image.
- Change the destination to pdf (if it is not pdf already).
- Modify other options according to your requirements.
- Click on Save and it will ask you where to save the file.
- Name the file and it will be saved as a pdf in your desired place.
Thanks for reading the article. Any suggestions are welcomed.