In my previous post I wrote about the safety of your browser’s data. In this article I am writing about the methods to import and export the bookmarks of one browser into another. Importing and exporting bookmarks makes working easy while you switch your browser. Some of the readers may be aware of this feature. But, who wish to know to import and export bookmarks let’s have a quick look:
How to import and export bookmarks from Google Chrome?
Import bookmarks from another browser:
For importing bookmarks from another browser in Google Chrome, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to settings tab.
- Click on the Bookmarks>>Import bookmarks and settings.
- Here you can set if you wish to import data from another browser.
Import bookmarks from a html file:
If you want to import bookmarks from an html file, you must have an html file containing bookmarks. This file may have been exported earlier from a browser. For importing:
- Go to Bookmark Manger(Ctrl+Shift+O).
- Click on Organize.
- Import bookmarks from HTML file.
- Select the file containing bookmarks.
- You have successfully imported the bookmarks.
Export bookmarks to HTML file:
Similar to importing bookmarks there is an option in Bookmark Manager to Export bookmarks to HTML file. Select it and save it. Your all bookmarks will be exported to the HTML file (will remain in browser also).
How to import and export bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox?
In order to import and export bookmarks using Mozilla Firefox, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Options>>Bookmarks.
- Click on Show All Bookmarks(Ctrl+Shift+B).
- You will see an option named as Import and Backup.
- Click on it. Here you will see options to import and export bookmarks using HTML file and import from another browser also.
- Now, you can follow similar process as Google Chrome and your bookmarks will be imported/exported successfully.