Here, we will know how to protect computer from virus. The methods of detection of virus are also discussed. The security of computer is important.
HOW TO PROTECT COMPUTER FROM VIRUS: INTRODUCTION
Virus in computing technology is a program that has the same behavior pattern as that of a biological virus. In computing technology, it is self-replicating/self-producing automated program.
This program spreads by inserting itself into executable code or documents that are present on the computer system. This process of insertion of virus is called infection. The file into which the code is inserted is said to be the infected file. Each file has an extension, for example, document file has “.doc” as their extension. The files which are chosen by the virus designers to infect are the “.exe” files. This is because executable files are the most used file format among the computer users. Mostly, computer virus can only affect the software and they cannot damage the hardware associated.
HOW TO PROTECT COMPUTER FROM VIRUS : PURPOSE OF VIRUS
If we want to know how to protect computer from virus, it is important to know. The purpose of virus is mandatory to study.
One may have many questions in mind regarding computer virus. Usually:
- What the computer virus do?
- Why the people create computer virus?
- From where exactly they came from?
The answers to these questions are given below. The virus makers have different motivating factors such as
- Financial gain (employed by the spammers and organised crime)
- Impress peers (mostly by the teen hackers)
- Ideological factors such as the freedom of knowledge and information
- Technical challenge and scoring a point. In this way they demonstrate that they are better than the team that has put the software together.
- Political reasons– a means to prove a political ideology and get focus of media.
- Simple revenge
- Commercial sabotage.
Some of the purposes given above are such that you will find them funny. But, I have mentioned all of these as they have been the actual causes.
HOW TO PROTECT COMPUTER FROM VIRUS: IS YOUR DEFENSE STRONG ENOUGH?
The best defense against a virus attack is a good offense. Without proper protection, these computer viruses can just spread into your computer system like wildfire. They have caused huge loss of money of various individuals. They might be designed in order to simply annoy you. But many others may be potentially hazardous. They may share your private documents or information present in your computer system to the third party. This might make a huge loss in the business. They are even capable of damaging your reputation within the organisation of your work.
HOW TO PROTECT COMPUTER FROM VIRUS?
So, if the virus are so hazardous, what steps can we take? I have some of the means for you that can serve well:
- Do not open any e-mail attachments that look suspicious or have come to you from a sender that you are not acquainted with.
- Always be on the lookout for the e-mails from the people that you know. If you find any change in the writing style, this should raise a red hat.
- Install an antivirus program in your computer system for a complete virus scan within the system.
- It is always recommended that you have one of the anti-virus programs always installed on your system. It will safeguard your system by alerting you whenever it finds any fault present in your computer.
An updated version of the antivirus pack is recommended to keep a check on the viruses on the computer system.
- Go to any security response or virus-information website for the latest security alerts, disinfecting instructions and archives.
If any of the issues discussed are common with your own system, fix them.
- Stay on top of patches created by software vendors to thwart new threats and programming vulnerabilities.
By registering the software after purchase, the user is notified by the maker when the updates are available.
Make sure to install the necessary critical updates and fixes available through various updates.
- To deal effectively with viruses, always use stable antivirus software, and follow the best practices.
HOW TO PROTECT COMPUTER FROM VIRUS: PROBLEMS
There are many virus makers in the market. The sources by which they can propagate these viruses are also numerous. Thus, it has been very difficult to make a computer system 100% virus free. Also, the non-availability of a free antivirus program adds to the problem for a normal user to cope.
YOUR TURN ON HOW TO PROTECT COMPUTER FROM VIRUS
Here, I have tried to provide some tips to you to safeguard your computer. There may be many other tricks also. If you are familiar with some of these, let me know. Also, tell me how you found the article. Comments section is all but for you, the readers!