We are living in the age of digitization. The World Wide Web is a marketplace with billions of sellers and buyers from all around the globe.
As wide as your prospects are, it’s equally difficult to crack such a vast market. Additionally, the ever-evolving search engine algorithms make it often difficult to follow a uniform marketing plan.
Keywords answer a great part of these confusions. It helps you get a grip over this vast marketplace.
With several keyword research tools, it has become even easier to keep up with an organic strategy to get more traffic. You can easily download several SEO tools from thepirateproxybay and use them to stay on track with your online business website.
What Is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is the process of identification of relevant keywords to target on your website. The success of your website depends on the presence of relevant and popular keywords.
For example, if you are selling boats, you should target keywords such as Boat, Motorboat, Speedboat, Yacht, etc. Such keywords will help your website to rank higher.
By doing this, the search engine is making it easier for people to find a particular piece of information. The easiest and most cost-effective way to start keyword research is by using the Google Keyword Tool.
In this article, we shall further discuss how to do comprehensive keyword research to get better traffic.
Why Do You Need Keyword Research?
Keyword research is a critical part of any online marketing strategy. Here are some reasons why you need keyword research before creating content for your website—
- It’s important because it helps you find the right keywords to use in your site’s title, meta description and keyword-targeted content.
- Keywords that are used often and relevant to what your site is about can help increase traffic and lead to more conversions.
- By using keyword research, you’ll be able to target specific niches with your content.
- It will give you a good insight into what people want from your website’s content when they’re searching for something specific.
- With the emergence of several tools like Google’s Keyword Planner, SEMrush, Moz Pro, etc, keyword research has become an easier task to perform and track.
How To Do Keyword Research?
Now let us take a look at the steps you need to follow for keyword researching—
Understanding The Elements Of Keyword Research
Keyword research consists of the following elements—
- Relevance: The higher the relevance of your keyword, the higher its ranking will be. When you’re keyword is “motorbike,” you cannot make it rank better in a content piece that talks about real estate investment.
- Authority: When publishing content online, you need to maintain authority. Your keywords need to have relevant backlinking and enough social signals for the search engine to deem them as authoritative.
- Volume: Monthly Search Volume is one of the most important parameters to calculate the suitability of your keywords. Even if your content ranks not 1 on a SERP but the keyword is hardly ever searched, it will not be successful in bringing traffic to your website.
Understanding Keyword Intent
Keyword intent is the reason you’re trying to find that keyword. It’s what you want your search engine to find when someone types in your keyword.
Understanding the keyword intent will help you in keyword research. It helps you to understand what your potential customers are looking for when they’re searching for something.
If you’re trying to rank for a term, understanding the keyword intent is a great way to find out what terms people are searching for and how much competition there is for them.
Additionally, you can use keyword intents to work in your website’s favor. If you’re selling books, try ranking for keywords that viewers with a buying intention would search for. This helps you achieve higher conversion rates.
Select A Keyword Research Tool
The best way to figure out which one works for you is to try them all! The first thing you want to do is find a tool that’s easy to use.
When it comes to choosing a keyword research tool, you have a lot of options—
- AHREFS Keywords Explorer
- Google Search Console
- Google Keyword Planner
- Keyword Surfer
- Moz Keyword Explorer
In this article, we have covered the basic essence of keywords and how to conduct keyword research.
However, keyword research and SEO are ever-evolving domains, as we already discussed above. To get ahead of Google’s algorithm you need to keep yourself updated with all the latest modifications.
For any further queries, leave a comment on the section below.