Birthdays only come once a year, even in the Sims 4, and as such, shouldn’t be missed. When Sims age up, they unlock new opportunities and life stages for your exploration. To experience these opportunities, you will need to throw a birthday party to age up your Sim.
The minimal requirement for this is a birthday cake; without this, you won’t be able to age up your Sims character.
How Do You Prepare for a Birthday Party?
Before you throw a birthday party, you first have to prepare for it. To do this, set up a party room or download any room of your choice from The Sims 4 gallery. Thereafter, arrange the room and put necessary items in it.
Some of the items you should have in the birthday room are:
- Enough seats to accommodate your guests
- A stereo to play music
- Food and a birthday cake
- A card table for games
- A musical instrument
How to Get a Birthday Cake
Previous versions of the Sims games allowed players to buy a birthday cake in Buy mode; however, the Sims 4 does not. To secure a cake in this version, you will have to bake it yourself. While this can be a bit tedious, it makes the game more realistic and provides a beautiful moment that every family member can participate in and share together.
To bake a birthday cake in the Sims 4:
- Click on the fridge
- Then, click on the “Cook” button – it will bring up a list of food items that have been created based on your cooking skills.
- Finally, click on the cake of your choice to begin the baking process.
Further, you can bake a gourmet cake. However, you will first need to develop gourmet cooking skills before you can do so.
Types of Birthday Cake
There are various types of cakes you can use for a birthday party in the Sims 4. Even better than the variety is the fact that they are all delicious, at least to the characters. These cakes are:
- Chocolate Cake
- Hamburger cake
- Honey cake
- Strawberry cake
- Sim City Cheesecake
- White cake
- Blue confetti cake
Blowing Out Candles in The Sims 4
The most exciting part of throwing a birthday party is to have your Sim blow out candles. For this to happen, however, you will have to put candles on the birthday cake.
How do you do this?
- Click on the already baked cake; then, select the “Add birthday candles” option. This will make your Sims move its hand over the cake to insert candles into it. Any Sims character, excluding babies and toddlers, can add birthday candles to their cake.
- After adding the candles, you can blow them out by clicking on the cake and your Sims. Note that just as baby and toddler Sims cannot add candles to their cakes is the same way they cannot blow out candles.
If your birthday Sims is a toddler and you want them to have the candle blowing experience, you can get an adult Sims to do it for them.
To accomplish this:
- Click on the birthday cake and select “Ask for help to blow out candles.”
- After this, select the older Sims whose help you want with blowing out your Sims’ birthday cake candles.
Another method you can use to accomplish this is to:
- Click on the older sim first.
- Then navigate to “Help blow out candles,” and click on it as well.
- Finally, select the toddler you want to age up.
You should know that it is impossible to age up babies using a birthday cake. The correct thing to do is to click on bassinet and select “age up.”
Baking a birthday cake in the Sims 4 is necessary in order to have an incredible birthday party. Besides, it enhances the realistic feeling of the game.
If you want to age up your Sims in this game, you will need to host a birthday party for it. Don’t forget to have it blow out the candles, too. One tip that can make things much easier for yoy is to bake the cake in advance and store it in inventory. As such, you can simply whip it out when it’s time for the birthday party.