Everyone, from major enterprises to amateur bloggers, has realized the importance of SEO in 2020 (if not sooner). However, mastering SEO can be quite a challenge. This fact is especially true in cases when you start to get the hang of the game; the rules change overnight!
Fortunately, there are several tools that can make this task easier. And while it is a blessing to have a plethora of SEO tools, it can also be quite confusing to sift the wheat from the chaff. Here is a collection of some of the best SEO tools that deliver on their promise. Plus, some of these are absolutely free!
Google SEO Tools
If you are looking for all-things-SEO, then you don’t have to search too far. Google offers a triad of cutting edge tools, such as:
- Google Keyword Planner: A holistic keyword research tool that generates keyword ideas from seed keywords, websites, or URLs. You can pair its capabilities with Google Trends to identify the topics for your keywords.
- Google Search Console: GSC, previously known as Google Webmaster Tools, helps you monitor and report on your website’s performance on Google’s SERP. It offers insights into how audiences view your site, making it easier for you to optimize it for improved performance and visibility.
- Google Analytics: Despite not being a traditional “SEO tool,” Google Analytics collates and reports on a wide range of high-quality, informative data that can vastly improve your SEO capabilities. Combine Google Analytics with GSC, and you have a winning formula!
Apart from the core Google tools cited above, you may also use Google Data Studio to create a customized, interactive dashboard to get all your data at a single location!
Now, here’s where Ahrefs has a slight advantage over Google – it offers you an assortment of tools to meet all your SEO needs. Don’t believe us? Check out what Ahrefs brings to the table:
- Keyword Generator, for keyword suggestions and a detailed analysis of the same.
- SEO Toolbar, which is available as a browser extension, generates on-page SEO reports.
- Backlink Checker recommends the best backlinks to various web pages or websites.
- Broken Link Checker detects broken inbound and outbound links for web domains, subdomains, or URLs.
- SERP Checker displays the top 10 rankings for a particular keyword in 170+ countries.
- WordPress SEO Plugin aids in carrying out content audits while also monitoring the backlinks.
Answer The Public
Are you planning to write blogs to engage or educate your target audiences but don’t know what they seek? Use Ask the Public to take a sneak peek into their Google search history!
This site pulls up internet users’ queries, and Google autocompletes, which may help you clinch your next great idea! It is an excellent alternative to Google and Ahrefs keyword generating tools as you can find ways to answer the Who, What, When, Why, Where, and How! More importantly, its “X vs. Y” keyword feature allows you to find comparative content ideas, which are already on the rise!
UberSuggest is an effective keyword finder and tracker. It lets you identify market opportunities while also monitoring your competitor’s strategies, both of which will aid you in standing out from the rest. For every seed keyword that you enter into UberSuggest, you will get a wealth of information related to it. From the keyword volume to expected traffic – get accurate estimates against every search.
Do you wish to add value to your website? (Who doesn’t?) Get WooRank’s SEO and Website Analysis extension to get instant recommendations! For starters, you will get an overall SEO score for your site’s performance. And right after, you will get an entire set of actionable tips on how you can enhance its on-page and off-page SEO capabilities!
Most importantly, these tips will be arranged in order of priority. Thus, rather than merely highlighting the problems, WooRank does an excellent job of breaking them down and suggesting practical ways to overcome them.
We all know that SEO depends on the website’s interaction with the Google crawler. If only there were a way in which you could simulate this model and fix possible errors.
In comes Screaming Frog!
Screaming Frog is a desktop-based website crawler that can locate and fix the technical aspects of SEO in a few seconds! It mimics the Google crawler and generates a list of issues that may potentially affect your site’s ranking. Thus, issues like duplicate content, bloated HTML, HTTP header errors, crawl errors, and JS rendering issues will no longer go undetected and damage your site.
Moz SEO and MozBar
Moz’s SEO Software is a savior to all those tormented by Google’s constant algorithm updates! It can carry out anything, from keyword recommendation to site crawling, and more! The application, with its full-service capabilities, is no less than heaven-sent.
MozBar is a browser toolbar that allows you to get a complete breakdown of every website that you visit. A simple click can unravel a complete report on Page Elements, Page Attributes, and Link Data. It allows you to know what is happening under the hood. Use it to analyze your competition and use their tried and tested strategies to get ahead!
Whitespark offers two main tools that can improve your SEO:
- Whitespark Google Business Review Link Generation, which creates a unique shareable link that redirects customers directly to your Google My Business (GMB) page, thereby making it convenient for them to post a review.
- Whitespark Local Citation Finder that acts as a link prospector to unlock link building opportunities.
Both these tools can play an instrumental role in influencing local SEO.
While some of the above tools may be free (or freemium), you will still have to invest some amount in capitalizing SEO opportunities. But you would naturally want a bang for your buck if you plan on purchasing a paid subscription. So what happens if you are unable to tap into the full potential offered by these tools!
In this case, it would only make sense to involve a Professional SEO Services Company that can be at the helm of all affairs. Given that SEO involves on-page and off-page site analysis, keyword hunting, rank tracking, site auditing, and so much more, you would need someone that is more adept and hands-on in taking up these challenges. Once that’s taken care of, you can focus primarily on your business’ growth!
Author Bio: Sheryl Jones
Sheryl is the Sr. Marketing Specialist at Uplers who has a great experience in designing well-defined user journeys across the digital marketing domain. She leverages her digital marketing expertise to help businesses draw significant ROIs.