When used right, technology can significantly increase your company’s success. According to statistics, businesses are investing in new technology for business growth (52%), to meet project needs (46%), to support end-user needs (47%), or to leverage new tech features (30%).
Among the reasons why businesses decide to adopt tech are reaching new customers (46%), picking up the business from the existing base (41%), improving marketing or sales efforts (35%), and improving internal operations (33%).
Wondering how you can use technology within your business? These 6 ideas will help you figure it out.
Boost Your Team’s Productivity
Productivity is about maximizing your tasks within a reasonable time frame, but sometimes we juggle with so many responsibilities that it becomes really hard to stay productive. Thankfully, there are a plethora of tech tools that can help your team members boost their productivity at a ridiculously low cost or even for free!
Productivity tools are tailored to different interests and lifestyles but apps like Trello, Slack, Asana, and Basecamp can be easily installed on any laptop or mobile device to help you stick to your goals. According to Helene Melby Brodersen – Head of PR, Brand & Communication at Eco Online, “Cloud-based platforms are very efficient for day-to-day business management, especially if your business is growing quickly.”
Benefit from a Mobile App
Next on your list should be to create an app. In today’s high-tech world, digital media plays a big role in people’s lives. Still, many business owners believe that having a Facebook page or a company website is enough to attract new customers and stay in touch with their audience. Well, if your goal is to enhance your business, this is not true.
Mobile apps have become a necessary marketing tool for businesses of all sizes and industries. And while you may think that building and maintaining a mobile app is too costly or maybe even unnecessary, a mobile app can actually help you engage with your audience more effectively, build your customer base, drive sales, and improve your brand reputation in the market.
Manage Projects More Effectively
Managers usually handle multiple projects, juggling with goals, tasks, and people to make sure that every project is successful. But managing projects isn’t easy as there are lots of moving parts, so it can easily become disorganized and chaotic.
Modern tech tools have enabled managers and business owners to manage projects more efficiently by tracking progress and time. Project management tools like Notion, Basecamp, and Manymoon, allow team members to collaborate and share access to documents, saving them time and making sure deadlines are met.
Improve Your Customer Service
Customer service is key to your business success and here’s why:
- After a bad customer service experience, nearly 340% of customers will avoid a company for 2 years.
- More than 90% of customers who are unhappy with a brand will just leave without complaining.
- About 55% of people around the world have stopped doing business with a company because of poor customer service experience.
The quality of that service will either boost or degrade customer loyalty to your business and your brand. Today, customers have more options than ever before, so businesses that are responsive to their queries, complaints, and other needs can really set themselves apart from the competition.
When it comes to tech solutions that can help you with providing excellent customer service, live chat is one of the best ways to improve customer service and respond to help requests faster. You should also consider using customer relationship management software to help you better manage customer relationships with more sophisticated data-gathering tools.
Enhance Your Marketing
Even though adopting cutting-edge tools of marketing technology might seem intimidating, these tools are actually valuable commodities. Depending on your business model, there are software solutions applicable to every category:
- Mobile optimization – For creating an easy-to-navigate website to increase mobile purchases.
- Marketing automation – To simplify repetitive tasks like website maintenance and social media marketing.
- Email marketing – For sending valuable content and business offerings directly to customers’ email.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – For positioning your website near the top of the first page in search engine results.
- Analytics and tracking – To track the overall business performance.
- Customer relationship manager (CRM) – For organizing and synchronizing sales, marketing, technical, and customer support.
- Data Management Platform (DMP) – A great software tool for storing information.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) – To ensure a faster online response and downloading time for customers.
Measure User Engagement
Technology is also changing the way that companies engage with their customers. Before the Internet era, customer engagement was limited to the traditional forms of interaction and advertising. It used to be safe to assume that a customer made a purchase due to a referral from someone or a flyer they received.
Today, the definition of customer engagement is consistently evolving due to new techniques and trends. Thanks to technology, consumers can engage and interact with companies from anywhere and at any time. Here’s how technology can help to increase customer engagement:
- Insight-driven marketing – Make target marketing easier by diving into customer data.
- Data analytics – Analyzing customer data enables you to understand their preferences.
- Self-service optimization – Allow customers to communicate with your company the way they want.
- Marketing automation – Boost efficiency and minimize costs by automating and streamlining business processes.
- Workforce effectiveness – Provide training and tools that better enable your employees to improve customer treatment.
In the tech world, new developments are happening every day. Technology has changed and improved every industry and provides a big number of benefits for any business. It can influence the efficiency, productivity, communication, and culture of a business, as well as its safety and security. In business, having the right tools and following trends can make a huge difference.